Sunday, August 16, 2009

AND THE WINNER IS.........

I have held y'all in suspense for long enough! The winner of our beach goal competition is
Drum roll please....
Kevin and Mary Beth!
Woo Hoo!!
Awesome job!
There were rules and variables to consider so I hope that all of you know that we have been as fair as possible in judging the winners. Michael and I really wanted to give the winners something that would be meaningful. So back in March we decided that we would send the winning couple to October's General Conference in Salt Lake City! We hope that this will be something that they will always remember. When we announced to the family who the winners were, we found out that Kevin has never visited Salt Lake City other than getting off of a plane and going straight to the MTC. So I hope that this will be a real treat for him!

Congratulation Kevin and Mary Beth!

Kenny and Jessica reached their individual goals and will each receive a weekend away (within driving distance!) This was an awesome acheivement! Way to Go!!


We are so proud of all of our children for working so hard and accomplishing so much.
From March 25 to July 25 our family accomplished the following:
Lost over 91 pounds
Logged over 200 hours of aerobic/weight training/ exercise
Ran over 300 miles
Biked over 1500 miles
WOW!!!!
If you included all of Michael's running and swimming miles and hours, it would be even more remarkable!
Thank you to my wonderful family for participating and I hope everyone enjoyed the journey.


4 comments:

Mary Beth said...

wow, I didn't realize how much we had done collectivly as a family - that's INSANE!!! Woo hoo Team Whetstone!
The prize is incredible we're so excited to go visit SLC.

Pamelia said...

You and Michael are great parents!!!

Libbi said...

As always, I am in awe of y'all as parents and as people!! WAY TO GO TEAM WHETSTONE!!!

Christi said...

Whoa, that sounds like a ton when you put it all together! Awesome! Can't wait to try harder next year!