Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Krispy Kreme Challenge

February 4 in Raleigh, North Carolina
This has got to be, hands down, the craziest race I've ever been to!  So you say, "Man, I could eat a dozen doughnuts, no problem"!  Yeah, right!!  Here's the challenge:  Run 2 1/2 miles to the Krispy Kreme store, eat a dozen doughnuts, turn in your empty box, then run 2 1/2 miles back to the start...all in under an hour!  Mary Beth ran pushing Maizeigh and Norah in the jogger but decided not to eat all the doughnuts.  That was a wise choice!  Christi and I walk/ran pushing Owen and Emma and only ate one doughnut a piece.  I think Owen and Emma ate five each!  However, Michael, Kevin and Hunter decided to actually take the challenge.  Boys!!
Christi and I saw Hunter at the Krispy Kreme trying his best to eat the whole dozen!  He said, "Grandma, I just don't think I can do it.  I think I'm going to throw up!"  Bless his heart, he thought he couldn't go back if he didn't eat them all.  I assured him it was fine so he took off running again!
Michael actually ate the dozen and made it back in under an hour.  Kevin ate all the doughnut but didn't quite make the time, close though!! Really crazy but Michael and Kevin didn't want any lunch afterwards!!  Hmm, wonder why?!


2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

hahahaha!!! This race just makes me smile - it is SO crazy. Bless Hunter's heart - and that look on his face with the box in his hand :)

CWMayoPhotography said...

Yeah that was definitely an experience! Course, I bet the people that like that race might think we're crazy for swimming and then going for a bike ride and THEN running!!