Sunday, September 18, 2011

Patriots Half 2011

Thursday, September 8 we left Lexington heading to Williamsburg, Virginia for Michael to participate in the Patriots Half Ironman. We decided to treat the kids to a stay at the Great Wolf Lodge. Friday there was a blast! We practically had the whole place to ourselves! I held Norah alot so that Kevin and Mary Beth could play with Jackson and Maizeigh. That was my excuse anyway! I'm really not a water person. At one point in the day Hunter was bummed about something so to cheer him up I asked him to ride down one of the two-seater tube rides with me. Yep, I screamed all the way down! Thanks Hunter for a fun ride!

Just a view of this fun place
Kevin kept taking Peyton, Hagin and Olivia on the wildest ride there. The Howlin' Tornado! Nope, I did not ride this one.

Jackson crossing the moving logs. Owen tried but didn't like it at all!

Owen did like all the animals though

Waiting while Big Daddy and Kevin change a flat tire! Just one more memory!


Waiting for the race to start.

The swim was in the James River and the current is extremely strong. It was not wetsuit legal so that added an extra burden on Michael. We were so grateful to see him come out the water! He is so amazing! I am so proud of him and his dedication to training. I didn't get many pictures because I was too busy cheering! He had a great bike but the run was really hot.


Michael bringing it home!

Kenny and Hunter waited at about mile 12 to run the last mile in with him. Michael said that was a lifesaver! He was so hot and tired that it gave him the boost he needed to finish strong! Thanks boys!

Team Whetstone! (minus Christi-the photographer)

We missed Joe, Chelsea, Maggie, Tim and Emma but we had a great time. I am always impressed with the love and support that my children have for their family. We are so blessed to have such amazing children and grandchildren! We sure love to cheer Big Daddy on!

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

we love our trications!!!

and I was thinking Norah looks so out of place without her Team Whetstone shirt but then I realized that she matched Big Daddy!