We have had some crazy storms lately. Today the wind began to blow and the sky got dark.
The next thing I knew, SNAP, our poor tree split right down the middle. Luckily, it fell across our front yard. Not in the street, not on a car and not on the teenage boy who was walking down the street! This was a bradford pear tree that Michael and I had planted 25 years ago. It was only a twig then.
The next thing I knew, SNAP, our poor tree split right down the middle. Luckily, it fell across our front yard. Not in the street, not on a car and not on the teenage boy who was walking down the street! This was a bradford pear tree that Michael and I had planted 25 years ago. It was only a twig then.
3 comments:
i thought about calling you to remind you to take pics so you could update your blog but you were serious when you said you were getting back into blogging huh!?! Can you post the picture of me sitting on the front porch with the little tree in the front yard (and dad's little pickup in the driveway)
What is up with the storms in Lexington destroying Bradford pear trees? Mom and Dad planted 2 in our front yard about 20 years ago and 1 of them died about a month or 2 ago and then about a week later a storm split the other one in half. Poor trees! So, what are you gonna plant now?! =)
Post a Comment