This will sound just like the opening sentence of nearly all my journal entries,
"Well, it has been a long time since I've written"....
Michael's bike accident on October 16 pretty much put a stop to everything except taking care of him. I have let my blog go by the wayside and felt like I just could never get caught up. Mary Beth recently had my blog put in book form for me and I "absolutely adore" it!! (This was said in "It Takes Two" fashion for all of you movie lovers out there) I don't have pictures for everything that has happened over the last 7 months but I thought I would at least do a small recap of events for posterity's sake.
Please, please don't be offended if I have left out something important, say like your birthday! My poor old brain isn't what it used to be!
Well, here goes...................
First off was Christi's birthday - October 21
(which was also Michael's surgery day)
Michael was supposed to be participating in the Florida Ironman on November 6 but that didn't happen. Instead, Team Whetstone went down anyway to support Mike Nininger!

Yes, this was two weeks after surgery and Yes, this is Michael signing up for the Florida Ironman 2011!! Guts!!

The family had a great time! It was Tim's birthday - November 12 - So we celebrated at the Spirit of Aloha since he served his mission in Hawaii

Jessica's birthday - November 20

Chelsea's birthday - November 21

Chelsea's birthday - November 21
See, he keeps getting younger looking every year!
Kiawah Marathon - December 11 - our participants

Joe's birthday - December 19

Our anniversary - December 21

Christmas 2011
Kiawah Marathon - December 11 - our participantsJoe's birthday - December 19

Our anniversary - December 21

Christmas 2011
Christmas 2011 - Joe and Chelsea thought they got some nice gifts but it was us with the good stuff - the announcement of a new baby - Little Miss Maggie to arrive in July!!

Gingerbread Houses
December 27 - 29 Michael and I went to Washington State for our good friend, Ben Fowler's wedding.
Gingerbread Houses








4 comments:
what a great recap! I love your pictures and I can't believe that that picture of Dad and Mike STILL makes me cry!
:) Your family is still amazing! Miss y'all...
(Made me cry too!) Yay! You're finally up to date!
Love seeing all your beautiful family photos. What site did you use for the blog book? I've been wanting to do one.
Hope to see you soon:)
Post a Comment