Monday, November 16, 2009

Virginia Weekend

Friday, October 30, Michael and I went up to Virginia to visit Joe and Chelsea for the weekend. It was so good to be with them. We got there late Friday evening so we were only able to be with them a couple hours Friday night. Saturday morning, Michael and I got up before daylight and headed to the Chessie Trail, Michael on foot and me on my bike. Michael needed a long run and I went along as the hydration specialist. In other words, I carried his Gatorade on my bike and my back! We did about 19 miles, mostly on the trail. It was so peaceful and beautiful.

View along the trail.

The deer really were not scared of us.

More view
We met some friends along the trail. Part of the trail goes through cow pastures. The cows really weren't scared of us either!

After our run/bike, Joe and Chelsea took us to Luray Caverns. Of course, we had to hit Joe's favorite restaurant first, The Waffle House. The caverns were absolutely awesome! I can not even begin to describe them to you! If you ever get a chance to go, don't pass it up. I kept thinking that Hunter would think it was SO cool. I also thought that the way Tim loves rocks, you probably wouldn't be able to get him out of the place!





On the way back to Buena Vista, we rode along Skyline Drive. Man, what views!!

There were deer everywhere!

Even bucks!! Just look at that rack!!

We stopped at Outback for supper then went to the Lund's to watch the Carolina game.
(Game??? What game?? That's all I have to say about that!)
Sunday we went to church with them, did a little more touring of Buena Vista, then headed home.
Thanks Joe and Chelsea for a fabulous weekend!
We miss having you close by!
We love you!

2 comments:

CWMayoPhotography said...

Awesome views! Hmm... Joe in a beard...

Libbi said...

so beautiful....and wow Joe's beard was really huge this weekend but he is still one of my alltime favorite guys!!