Monday, April 13, 2009

RUN FORREST RUN 5K

This weekend we got some much needed R and R. Michael has been working 18 hour days for several weeks so we headed to Charleston late Thursday night and arrived there around 2 am Friday morning. We got some sleep then got up and Michael went for a 2 hour bike ride and I went for an hour run/walk. The weather was perfect (except for some wind!). We spent the rest of day goofing off and enjoyed some seafood for supper with Tim and Christi. Then Saturday morning we went to the Market downtown where we enjoyed a carriage tour and to the Run Forrest Run 5K in the afternoon. Kenny, Jessica, Hunter, Peyton, Hagin, Olivia, Tim, Christi, Kevin, Mary Beth, Jackson and Maizeigh all came down to enjoy the fun! This is such a fun race because afterwards you get a meal catered by Bubba Gump Shrimp Company and admission to the Riverdogs baseball game. The finish line is running down the first base line to homeplate where the players are lined up giving you "high fives"! Good times!!
Michael placed third in his age group. Go Big Daddy!!

Mary Beth had her second best PR and even beat Christi for the first time in her life! Go Mary Beth!

Hunter was a flash! Look at those long, skinny legs!

Hagin was just having fun!

Jackson had to have his finishing run too!

Sorry Kevin but I only got your backside! He did awesome! He pushed Jackson and Maizeigh the whole way. You go Kevin!

Christi said she was going to walk but she and Kenny ran together the whole way. Way to go you two!

Maizeigh had it tough, didn't she?!?!?

Jessica and Peyton ran together. I think maybe Jessica carried Peyton some of the way! What a good mom!

Michael receiving his award for third place. Notice his picture is being taken with Forrest Gump!!

Me and my gang! (minus the "me")

Me and my babe!!

5 comments:

The Gould Family said...

Poor Maizeigh, she did have it hard!! lol. what a cutie! What a fun family activity!! And way to go Mary Beth!!!! ;0)

Mary Beth said...

why does my bff get to comment before me - man, I'm slow.

I have so many comments on those pictures. Seriously the difference between the picture of dad finishing and the picture of me finishing is absolutely hilarious - dad looks like he might be kickin' it in a little but still havin' a great day. I look like I'm about to fall over and the look on my face - geez.... at least my legs look good in that shot though.
Yeah, Maizeigh was loving that.
I love the gang picture - the kids are all so silly!
That picture of you and dad is SOOOOO good. You should frame it. You look gorgeous and dad looks so handsome.

Marina said...

I love your family traditions of these runs. I can tell they bring so much closeness between everyone, and they really bond y'all together. I love it!

Pamelia said...

That is a nice picture of you and Michael. I miss my girlfriends!!!

Libbi said...

love love love the pic of you and Bishop Whetstone!!! missing you!!