Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt - What a fiasco!

Well, I really blew it this year! I try so hard to make things fun for my family. I don't know that they realize that or not! Anyway, I was so careful to fill every single egg with "something" so that it would be more enticing to "hunt". There were 247 eggs total! That was alot of filling! I put some cash in some of the eggs - quarters, $1 and a few $5's for the kids and larger stuff for the adults. You see, we do two separate hunts, one for the kids and one for the adults, who are really just big kids!! To make a long story short, the day was hectic and I accidentally switched the eggs. I guess the kids didn't mind finding lots of cash but the adults were a little surprised to find "change" in their eggs! Sorry family! Maybe I'm getting senile in my old age!
Maizeigh didn't care what was in her eggs but she really liked the ones that jiggled.

Sweet baby Owen didn't care either. He just liked picking them up!

Hagin got a basket full!

So did Olivia!

Sweet Babies!


6 comments:

The Gould Family said...

I'm sure they realize... at least I hope they realize how hard you work to make things fun! I love hearing about all the fun things your family does together b/c of your planning and creativity. Even if the egg fiasco was quite an ordeal--it sure makes for a fun story to laugh about!!
cute pictures of your grandbabies!

Christi said...

Owen and Maizeigh look so cute in that last pic! They are looking closer and closer to the same age the older they get. I can hardly wait til they really get to play together.

Mary Beth said...

yes, I love that last picture - they do look more and more like they're the same age.

I thought it was hilarious that Jackson was racking up $20's and I was getting quarters.

Leigh This Way said...

I think that's great. Way to switch things up and keep everyone on their toes.

You sure can tell from that last pic that MZ and Owen are cousins.

Marina said...

Hilarious! I'm sure you are appreciated for all your efforts and hard work, regardless of the mistake.

Libbi said...

well I kinda like that switcheroo...the parents would just have spent it on the kids anyway! What a great mission fund!! You try hard to make everything great for everyone...kids, girlfriends, young adults, employees..we notice and we do appreciate you...more than you can imagine!!! (and I SERIOUSLY NEED a girlfriend night!!)