Sunday, December 21, 2008

YOU'RE STILL THE ONE

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!
Thirty-four years ago I made the most important and wonderful decision of my entire life. I married the man of my dreams
Love the bowtie and the beard!
Now y'all know I had to show this hair-do!! Yep, it was the 70's!

I don't have any room to talk--hairspray was very tabu in the 70's. I sure could have used some of my Kenra back then!

AHHHHH! Now you see what made me first fall in love with him! Quite the hunk!
Beneath this handsome exterior is a heart of gold.
They don't come any better.
You're my hero, babe!

You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're the one I want for life
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night

I LOVE YOU MORE THAN WORDS CAN SAY

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

mom - I already did my makeup for church and now I have mascara running down my cheeks - thanks!
That was absolutely beautiful. Your favorite song at the end. I love you both and am so happy that y'all love each other so much. I remember being in middle school and kids thinking it was so crazy that y'all had been married for 20 years - that seems like forever to everyone else. Congrats for making it 34 years!!! Eternity's left to come.

Mikelene said...

Happy Anniversary!!
And can I just say that those photos confirm what I've always thought: Christi looks JUST like you!! Beautiful!! Mary Beth is beautiful, too. :) And your sons are handsome. And the grandkids are such cuties. Must be the genes!! :)

Pamelia said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Love the pictures!!

Christi said...

I looked closely at that wedding picture and I thought, hey, that looks like a younger version of me! A younger version? Oh yeah, you were 11 years younger than I am right now when you got married!! I'm glad I look like you! And that last picture shows what a fox you married! I love this post, Mom! Happy Anniversary!!

Christi said...

ps: I LOVE that first picture! Y'all are SO cute together!

Libbi said...

Love it! You are wonderful and so is your hubby and I love you both!!!

Marina said...

I love your pictures! I had to bring Frankie over here to look at them. Michael and Joe look just alike. Did he go to the Citadel?

Anyway, Happy Anniversary! Very sweet.

Jessica said...

Happy Anniversary!!

The Gould Family said...

Congratulations!!! And Happy anniversary!!! This is a great post!!!

thegeralds said...

We love you guys!