Sunday, February 3, 2013

Snowman Run 2013 - Kids Run

Saturday, January 19 was the Snowman Run 8K.  Michael was the only member of the family running it this year and he said, "DO NOT come cheer for me because I am NOT going to race it.  I have a long run that morning and am going to run the race after I have already run about 6 miles or so, just as part of my long run".  So, none of Team Whetstone went and wouldn't you know it, he placed 2nd in his age group!!  We were excited for him anyway!!  The following Saturday was the Snowman Kids run.  Eight of our ten grandchildren ran the race.  They ran by age categories.  It was lots of fun to watch and cheer for them.
Owen smiled every time we saw him!
He would almost stop just so he could wave to us
Maizeigh's shirt said "Pretty" fast.  She certainly is pretty!!
Not real fast though!  She just needs some more practice!
Emma absolutely was NOT interested in running.  
Jackson was a little flash!
Good job, Jackson
Olivia is a natural runner.  She gave it all she had!
Hagin is another one that smiles while he runs!
Not smiling quite so much at the end
I do believe Hunter and Peyton were serious about this thing!
Hunter was amazing!  Running is in his genes!
Peyton wasn't far behind!  Looking good
My awesome, amazing, fabulous, wonderful, talented, grandchildren!!  Y'all made this Grandma proud!
Team Whetstone!  The Best!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we LOVE the Snowman run!!!