Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Girlfriend Time

This past weekend I got to do one of my favorite things....Girlfriend Time!!  Pamelia, Brenda, Libbi and I went to Charleston for a little rest and relaxation with a little shopping thrown in!
 We got down there and met Pamelia about 6pm Thursday evening so we headed to dinner at 82 Queen in downtown Charleston.  Yeah, awesome!!  Amazing place and food!
 At the restaurant (with no flash on my camera!) 
 Our little house for the weekend at Wild Dunes, Isle of Palms
 The house opened up onto a boardwalk that led to a hotel at one end and the beach at the other.  Really nice!
 Since Peter and Ellen live close by, sweet Ellen and Walker met us at Tanger to shop for a while.  That is one cute little boy!!
 Went for a walk by myself before the sun came up Saturday morning.  It was breathtaking!  The beach is the one place where I always feel peace.  It never ceases to calm my body and spirit.
 Brenda, Libbi and Pamelia  -  They don't make friends any better than this!
 We don't get to spend alot of time together throughout the year but we KNOW that we can always count on each other.  That is true friendship. 
We ended up the weekend with pedicures and cupcakes at Butter Cupcakes in North Charleston.  Oh, yes, they were both delicious!!
I love you ladies!  Thanks for a great getaway!

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

one of these days maybe I'll stop being jealous of y'alls' fabulous trips! And I want to know the secret that Libbi's kids know that makes it to were they are the only ones that have ever made it to spend time during a girlfriend trip ---- what's the secret!!!!

Leigh This Way said...

We went to 82 Queen during Restaurant week in February. They're Shrimp and Grits was so yummy! It's one of our fave places now =)