Monday, December 14, 2009

Kiawah 2009

This weekend we went to Kiawah Island. Michael was running the full marathon while Mary Beth, Jessica and Kenny were running the half marathon. This was Mary Beth's first half! Michael acquired a sprained ankle on Thanksgiving day so he was not quite up to par. He was determined to run though. I guess it's true that "you can't keep a good man down"! His finishing time was not what he would have liked it to be but he did cross the finish line which is a remarkable thing on it's own! Tim, Christi, Owen, Hunter, Kevin, Jackson and Maizeigh went along as the support crew and cheerleaders.

Yep, it was really cold Saturday morning! In the low 40's! But we are a dedicated crew!

Kenny, Jessica and Hunter before the race. Hunter ran the last four miles with Jessica!

Michael and Mary Beth at the staring line. Aren't they cute?? Can you believe she ran the whole way?! She even ran the first two miles WITH Michael!!

Owen was tired of waiting for them to finish so he took a little nap in his stroller all bundled up!

Maizeigh was such a good cheerleader!! This was our spot at about mile 9. Check out Hunter in the stroller! I think he was really cold!

Everyone but me, of course! Hey, somebody had to take the picture!
We celebrated Michael's birthday by going out to eat at Jasmine Porch, a restaurant in The Sanctuary on the island. The food was remarkable, the atmosphere was incredable and the company was, without question, amazing!
Great job runners! Y'all rock!!
Who's gonna run next year?

5 comments:

Sha' said...

Poor Hunter, he does look like he was cold. lol And Christi looks sooooo cute with her little belly! :)

Mary Beth said...

ok, I can't quite laughing at how stupid tim is with his head sticking under that light - what a goofball.
I LOVE that pic of me and dad - I love looking like him.

Christi said...

Wow, I look cute? I was thinking I looked like a blimp! I tucked the jacket in over my belly right before you took the picture so hopefully it'd be obvious that I was pregnant! Kinda. We really enjoyed spending the weekend with y'all! And I love going to the races to cheer everyone on. I hope I get to do it next year!

Libbi said...

Team Whetstone is amazing!

Leigh This Way said...

Way to go Whetstones! It was good getting to see y'all on Sunday.