Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Patriots Half Ironman

Thursday afternoon, September 10, Michael, Christi, Owen and I headed off to Williamsburg, Virginia for Michael's half ironman. We arrived in time to eat supper at a great little Italian restaurant and go to bed! Kenny, Jessica and the kids left their house about 8pm and arrived in Williamsburg about 3am. Needless to say we were asleep! We all spent Friday touring Jamestown.


Christi and Owen with a very big bear skin! This was inside one of the Powhatan Indian huts.

Hunter and Hagin thought this old armor was cool

So did Peyton and Olivia!

Owen wasn't so sure about it

Christi and Owen at Jamestown

Where's Hagin???

The gang in a hand made canoe

Friday was also Hagin's birthday! We had him a little cake and ice cream in the hotel! (I will post a tribute a little later!)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAGIN!!!

Joe and Chelsea came in late Friday night and got some cake before heading to bed.


Saturday at 5am it was off to the race site. It was a little chilly so the kids were wrapped in blankets. Big Daddy was in the process of putting on this wetsuit. He was very grateful that the water temp was 74!

Quite a run from the water to transition (Big Daddy is in the yellow)

Coming in on the bike

On the home stretch

Michael met his goal of under 6 hours with plenty of room to spare!!
Way to go, babe!

Olivia was playing "little momma" helping put clean socks on Big Daddy

The gang (minus me!) Chelsea's brother, Preston and his wife, Leslie, live about 20 minutes away so they came to cheer with the fam. Thanks y'all!

After the race, we went to Colonial Williamsburg for a little while. We ate at an authentic tavern which was a lot of fun. The food was great, too! (Michael really was happy, he just didn't know that I was taking the picture yet!)

Sunday we went to Williamsburg's stake conference and the stake president mentioned in his talk that he participated in the event on Saturday. Small world, isn't it?!
We spent the rest of the day visiting the original Jamestown settlement. Then got up Monday morning and make the long trek back home.
We missed having Mary Beth's little family with us (especially Mary Beth's LOUD cheering voice and Kevin's LOUD whistles!!)
We had a great time and we are so grateful to have such fantastic children who support us in all that we do! We love you all!!

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

is that the same resturant we ate at? that was YUMMY!!!
I love dad's new jersey - he got that for me didn't he? Sunshine Yellow - now we can pick him out really easily

Christi said...

You beat me! I just logged on to update my blog! Can you believe it? Only 2 days after we got home and I'm updating my blog! I hope I have some pictures of you. You weren't in any of yours! Some daughter I am, didn't even volunteer to get you in some shots!

Libbi said...

all I can say is the Whetstone family works hard and then plays hard...way to be!!!! So happy y'all had a great time.