Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sleigh Bell Trot 2008

Mary Beth, Jessica, Christi, Jackson, Maizeigh, Hagin, Olivia and Owen


3.1 mile times - Big Daddy 22:49, Hunter 29:37, Peyton 43:49


Awesome times guys!!


Merry Christmas!


Olivia just couldn't stay awake


Owen and Jackson


Me and my gang

Last night almost the whole family went to the Sleigh Bell Trot 5K at Saluda Shoals Park in Irmo. It's a great way to ring in the season. The whole park in covered in various displays of Christmas lights from the three wise men to santa riding a jet ski! The race starts at 7pm so it's already dark and cold. We all bundled up and got ready to get moving. Michael, Hunter and Peyton were the only ones who were really racing. Kenny ran with Peyton but he probably would not want me to qualify that as "racing". Maizeigh, Jackson and Owen were in their sleighs (a.k.a.-strollers) with Mary Beth and Christi pushing. Jessica, Hagin, Olivia and I were walking along. That is until Olivia decided she needed her daddy and nothing would make her happy except for Jessica to carry her the whole 3 miles! Actually, Christi and Mary Beth gave her a couple of piggyback rides too! It's sort of a strange loop you make through the park and you have to go by the finish line before finishing the race. So we stopped there to cheer for Hunter and Peyton while they finished the run. (Michael had already finished by the time we got there.)
We got hot apple cider and stayed for the awards ceremony since Michael placed second in his age group. Go Big Daddy! Then off to CiCi's Pizza for the celebration!! I sure do love being with my family!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was such a wonderful time!!! We love spending time with the fam too.
Kevin ate 5 of the 6 pieces of pizza when I got home at 10:00pm last night :o)

Christi said...

Yes, Tim was very grateful that we brought him some pizza home! Thank you for letting us do this race with y'all! We had lots of fun!

The Gould Family said...

You guys have such a beautiful family! Seeing all the fun stuff you guys do together makes me miss my family even more! I love your new header, beautiful pictures!

Marina said...

I LOVE your family picture on your header too. That's awesome! It sounds like y'all had a blast, despite the fact that it was cold. Tell your hubby I said congratulations on his time.

Libbi said...

go team Whetstone! looked really cold but fun!

thegeralds said...

You guys do have fun! I wish my kids lived closer!